Membership doesn't cost, it pays! Your Member Benefits
We know our MEA-MFT members live on tight budgets. That's why, along with NEA and AFT, MEA-MFT seeks out special discounts that can save you hundreds of dollars. Read on!
NEA CLICK & SAVE
Using NEA Click & Save, you can access substantial discounts on products and services across the country.
Click & Save offers savings on brand name merchandise from hundreds of top online stores.
Join the 215,000 NEA members already registered for NEA Click & Save. Follow instructions below:
Visit Click & Save here.
You can read all about member benefits below, or download this brochure to see the benefits.
NEA MEMBER BENEFITS
Find more about all the following benefits at the NEA Member Benefits web site: www.neamb.com
Or call the customer service center: 800.637.4636
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern
Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern
- NEA Complimentary LifeSM Insurance*: (Formerly called “Dues-Tab”) No-cost life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance while actively engaged in your occupation.
- NEA Guaranteed Issue Life Plan*: Coverage guaranteed for NEA members and their spouses ages 45 and older.
- NEA Introductory Term LifeSM Insurance*: $15,000 of life insurance at no cost to eligible new members.
- NEA Group Term Life Insurance* provides up to $500,000 of decreasing term life at affordable group rates for members and spouses.
- For peace of mind at home or when you travel, get NEA AD&D Insurance*.
- The NEA Level Premium Term Life Insurance Plan*. Coverage amounts up to $1,000,000 are available for 10-year, 15-year and 20-year terms. Premiums won’t increase or decrease for the entire term.
- NEA Hospital Care Insurance Plan: Two options to help you pay the “extra” expenses associated with a hospital stay plus at home recovery.
- NEA Income Protection® Plan: Provides income when you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- NEA Long-Term Care Insurance Program: Financial support in paying for necessary long-term care services like nursing home, home health and assisted living care.
- NEA Medicare Supplement Program*: Coverage for hospital and medical expenses not covered by Medicare.
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program now provides you with substantial coverage for a majority of your dental care expenses and optional vision insurance to cover your eyewear needs.
- NEA Pet Insurance: With this plan you can visit any licensed veterinarian and Pets Best reimburses you 80% of the vet’s bill for covered services after a deductible.
*Provided through the NEA Members Insurance Trust®
- NEA Credit Card Program®: Superior benefits exclusive to NEA members including low introductory annual percentage rate offers, rewards and competitive APRs.
• NEA Cash RewardsSM Card
• NEASM Platinum Plus® credit card with WorldPoints® rewards
• NEASM Accelerated Rewards® American Express® Card
For more information on the costs and benefits of these cards or to apply, please call 800-468-7632 or visit neamb.com.
LOAN AND MORTGAGE PROGRAMS
- NEA Home Financing Program®: New mortgages, refinances, and home equity loans. Members enjoy competitive rates and exceptional service. Plus you’ll get $200 in gift cards after closing on a new purchase mortgage or refinance loan through this program. To learn more, please call 800-632-4968.
- NEA Personal Loan®: Borrow from $3,000 to $25,000** at members-only rates with affordable monthly payments. No collateral required.
- NEA National Board Certification Loan®: A special revolving line of credit designed to help cover the assessment fee for National Board Certification.
- NEASM Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae®: On average you can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars in repayment compared to a 15-year private student loan where payments are deferred during school. Available to undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students who need funds after maximizing free money and federal loans.
**Upon approval, credit line based on creditworthiness.
- For competitive yields, the safety of FDIC insurance up to the maximum amount allowed by law and easy access to your funds, put your money in the NEA-Sponsored Money Market Account®, offered by Bank of America.
- The NEA-Sponsored CD®, offered by Bank of America, features competitive yields and the safety of FDIC insurance up to the maximum amount allowed by law.
- A Tax-Deferred Retirement Savings Program provides an ideal tax-deferred rollover opportunity that guarantees monthly income to you and your spouse.
Bank of America is a registered trademark of Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. © 2010 Bank of America Corporation. American Express is a federally registered service mark of American Express and is used by the issuer pursuant to license. Accelerated Rewards and WorldPoints are registered trademarks of FIA Card Services, N.A. programs.
CONSUMER DISCOUNT PROGRAMS
- NEA Auto Purchase Advantage ProgramSM: Provides members with low, no-haggle prices on new and used cars from 3,100 certified dealers across the country.
- NEA Bookstore®: Save an extra 5% at Barnes&Noble.com off already low online prices of books, music, videos and more. Free shipping on eligible orders of $25 or more.
- NEA Car Rental Program®: Get preferred member rates and other special benefits when you reserve your rental car in advance from Hertz, Alamo, or Enterprise.
- NEA Click & Save®: Save online at hundreds of your favorite stores! Select personalized email reminders from your favorite merchants, and receive advance notice of upcoming sales and special events in your area. You may also invite up to four family members to open their own account and begin saving.
- NEA Hearing Aid Savings PlanSM: Special discounts for members and their families.
- NEA ID Theft Protection Program: Choose from among five comprehensive protection plans from 15%-30% off the retail price.
- NEA Long DistanceSM: Get rates as low as 3.9¢ per minute on state-to-state calls. No monthly fees, no minimums, no contracts.
- NEA Magazine Service®: Save up to 85% off the cover price of over 900 popular magazines with a choice of seven payment options.
- NEA Vision and Prescription Savings PlanSM: Discounts on vision and prescriptions for a $10 annual membership fee.
- 1-800-FLOWERS.com: Enjoy 20% savings on flowers,plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods and more.
- Collette Vacations: Travel the world and save with Collette Vacations, a leading provider of over 120 tours, family cruises, and weekend getaways.
- Costco Membership Discount: Receive coupons for free products and other savings valued at more than $50 with your membership.
- H&R Block: Tax preparation (Only available January to April 15th).
- Heat USA: NEA Heating Oil Program: Receive substantial savings and a free or discounted service contract in selected areas from Heat USA.
- Jenny Craig: Enjoy special savings from Jenny Craig on a program that fits your lifestyle.
- Nolo.com: Get a 10% discount from the leading publisher of self-help legal publications, software and forms.
- Progressive Book Club: A special offer available only to NEA members!
- SmileMakers: Special discounts on classroom supplies.
- Smithsonian Journeys: NEA members save $100 per person on Smithsonian Journeys Worldwide Tours!
- Snap Fitness: 24-hour-access fitness clubs, no contracts,no hassles.
- Walking Company: Save up to 15% off all online purchases from the world’s largest specialty retailer of comfort footwear.
- Weekly Reader: Special savings on classroom magazines.
- Whirlpool Corporation VIPLINK® Program: Save on popular consumer brands from Whirlpool Corporation.
- Wide World Country Tours: Save $150 on an unforgettable vacation!
- NEA Academy: For the best in online professional development and a Master’s degree program that fits your budget, your schedule and your life, turn to the NEA Academy.
- Carson-Dellosa Publishing: A one-stop educators resource for classroom materials, instructional decorations, and lots more. Exclusive 15% discount on all orders and free shipping on orders over $35.00.
- Rapid Resources: Additional instructional resources for teachers.
- Watch Me Learn: Video Modeling and Multi-sensory products for children with special needs and Autism. Special member discounts.
- Zuma ed: For powerful classroom presentations withmember savings.
Absolutely no dues dollars are used to market NEA Member Benefits programs.
AFT + MEMBER BENEFITS
More Value for Your Membership
Find more about all the following benefits at www.aft.org/benefits
AFT + ENDORSED INSURANCE
Auto & Home Insurance
Provides protection for members’ most valuable assets—their cars and homes. Benefits include special member discounts, convenient payment options and a deductible savings benefit for safe drivers.
Designed to provide financial protection for your loved ones in the event of a premature death. New AFT members are entitled to $10,000 of coverage for a period of one year at no cost.
Provides up to 60 percent of a member’s monthly income in the event he or she is unable to work due to an accident or extended sickness.
If actively at work, a member can obtain up to $150,000 of protection with no medical tests or health questions.
Catastrophic Major Medical Plan
To help avoid the financial hardships that accompany major illness and injury, this plan acts as an umbrella that supplements a member’s basic health insurance by paying expenses not covered by his or her primary coverage or Medicare.
Limited Medical Plan
A fixed payment policy offering a combination of limited medical benefits and a fully insured prescription plan for generic drugs.
888/436-9678 Code AFT
Maintains a member’s financial freedom and gives flexibility in making choices in the event of a long-term illness or a chronic condition.
Workplace Violence Insurance
Members are automatically covered for $100,000 for the loss of life resulting from a felonious assault that occurs while at work or on a work assignment. This is provided at no cost to all AFT members.
Your pet can have its own insurance. Policies include older pets, accident-only coverage and more.
Pet Assure Veterinary Care Savings
888/789-7387 Code UP2003
Members can save 25 percent off their bill at participating veterinarians.
Home Healthcare Products
Provides a 15 percent discount on healthcare products not covered by private insurance or Medicare, such as wheelchairs and physical therapy equipment.
Credit and Budget Counseling
Certified credit counselors are available 24 hours a day to help members with confidential financial guidance, free consumer credit counseling services and discounted debt management assistance.
800/522-4000 (to apply), 800/622-2580 (customer service)
The AFT MasterCard offers no annual fee, low-rate† balance transfers and 100 percent fraud protection.
Save My Home Hotline
A dedicated Save My Home Hotline staffed by HUD-trained counselors is available free to all members to discuss mortgage issues.
Home buying and refinancing is made easier and more
800/565-3712 Code 744387769 M-F, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (EST)
Members can save on movie tickets, movie rentals, theme park admissions and much more.
877/670-7088 options 1 or 2 Code 20952
Save up to 20 percent off the best available restricted rate at more than 6,400 participating hotels worldwide.
The AFT + Auto Club will be there to help members with vehicle-related problems, anywhere in the country, 24/7/365.
877/882-3355 Code PS16626766
Savings on selected Dell products.
Member discounts for online Consumer Reports subscriptions.
AT&T Wireless Discount
800/897-7046 Fan 3508840
Members can receive a discount of 15 percent on AT&T wireless plans.
Exclusive access to an online shopping program. Save 10 to 70 percent off electronics, apparel, home furnishings, tickets and much more.
Save 20 percent on all orders, and have flowers, gifts and plants hand-delivered anywhere in the world.
Powell’s online bookstore has a huge selection of new and used books, including textbooks.
AFT Subscription Services provides members with the lowest rates and the best customer service on magazine subscriptions, renewals and gifts.
Moving Van Discounts
Allied Van Lines
800/871-8864 Code AFT
North American Van Lines
800/524-5533 Code AFT
Discounts on interstate moves and do-it-yourself moves.
The AFT Benefit Trust has an expense reimbursement/endorsement arrangement with the providers of many of the products promoted.
For information about these programs or about contractual expense reimbursement and/or endorsement arrangements with providers of endorsed programs, please call AFT financial services at 800/238-1133, ext. 4493, or send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit www.aft.org/benefits/disclosure.