MEA-MFT Mission Statement
As adopted April 6, 2013 - MEA-MFT Representative Assembly
MEA-MFT advocates for our members, our communities, and the government we serve by promoting and advancing:
• Free, quality, public education for all Montanans.
• Effective government and public service programs.
• A quality, affordable public university system.
• Competitive salaries and benefits through collective bargaining, contract maintenance, and political action.
• Professional standards through proper licensure and endorsement as well as quality professional development.
• A prepared, educated, empowered, and productive workforce.
• A culturally diverse workforce.
• Membership growth through effective recruiting, organizing, and training, while providing essential services and programs.
• The strength of the organization by identifying, developing, and retaining effective leaders.
• Public health and safety.
• Effective relationships with community-based organizations that share common values.