Legislative session nears halfway mark
Montana's 2015 legislature is approaching the halfway mark. It has been a tough session. MEA-MFT leaders, staff, and members are front and center at the legislature every day
On the proactive front, we are working to:
• Pass the state pay plan, HB 13.
• Support Governor Bullock's early childhood education program ("Early Edge").
• Maintain adequate funding for state agencies and public schools.
• Help pass Medicaid Expansion to cover 70,000 low-income Montanans.
We are also playing a lot of defense:
• Fighting privatization of our public schools, public services, and pensions.
• Fighting elimination of Montana’s Common Core Standards and attacks on Board of Public Education.
• Fighting attacks on the right of public employees to organize and bargain collectively.
Follow the action: You can follow the status of our priority bills here.
Take action! Please keep an eye on our action alerts here.
Contacting your local legislators and committees at key times makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE! And it's so easy to do. We explain how in our action alerts.
More info on contacting legislators.
Our main legislative page.