Field consultant position open at MEA-MFT
MEA-MFT is seeking qualified applicants for an open field consultant position, based out of our Missoula office.
If interested and qualified, please mail your application to Erik Burke, Executive Director, MEA-MFT, 1232 E. 6th, Helena, MT 59601 or email email@example.com
This is not an entry level position. Knowing a lot about our union, MEA-MFT, our members, our history, and our core values, is an automatic expectation of any and all candidates.
MEA-MFT POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
MEA-MFT seeks a qualified individual to fill a Field Consultant position, based in Missoula.
The position is responsible for providing providing support, training, and assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MEA-MFT policies and programs (see job description listed below).
MEA-MFT is a statewide union representing 18,000 members employed in all aspects of education and public service.
This is a professional staff position, responsible to the MEA-MFT executive director. Salary range is $65,347 to $73,999, depending on experience; benefits are excellent. Considerable in-state travel and some out-of-state travel are involved.
MEA-MFT is a tobacco-free workplace.
Application is by letter and resume, detailing relevant experience and education, to Erik Burke, MEA-MFT Executive Director, 1232 E. Sixth Ave., Helena MT 59601, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is April 28, 2014.
Approximate employment start date is June 1, 2014. Call 406-442-4250 for more information.
MEA-MFT FIELD CONSULTANT (UniServ) - Missoula, Montana
Responsible to MEA-MFT Executive Director
Position Summary: The Field Consultant is responsible for providing providing support, training, and assistance to local organizations, for organizing new units, and for implementing MEA-MFT policies and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Consultant:
1. Promotes and facilitates implementation of and adherence to MEA-MFT programs and policies.
2. Assists and advises local organizations in all areas of organizational concern.
3. Initiates, plans and/or conducts organizational development, membership promotion and training programs for local organization leaders and members. Provides support
for local organization negotiations and contract enforcement.
4. Organizes new bargaining units and local organizations.
5. Exercises responsibility for efficient operation of the area office.
6. Gathers, organizes and transmits to MEA-MFT data necessary to maintain and implement MEA-MFT program and policies.
7. Initiates, investigates and makes recommendations on legal and other support to local organizations or individual members. Acts as an agent of MEA-MFT-retained legal counsel under the direction and control of counsel where necessary and appropriate.
8. Assists governance leaders as necessary and appropriate.
9. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.